Ancient Mask Ancient Mask

Beautiful!

SS - Black Holes SS - Black Holes

Good stuff, I hope more and more can learn about the little knowledge we have on the universe. This was a nice and easy lesson, hope to see more stuff! :)

RiverJordan responds:

Thank you! Stay tuned for another next week

Shit Advice Shit Advice

Seriously Luid, you're shitting me...

AAHAHAHAHAHA

Night Light Night Light

This was awesome! Loved the music, the feel, the experience... Really well performed!

VO Home Studio : Space VO Home Studio : Space

There are so many people who don't understand what's going on when they get a shitty sound. Fact is that there are numerous things that can be the weak link when recording, but the room itself indeed many times is an overlooked issue. And it IS pretty easy to make it sound less shitty. The next step from "less shitty" to "good" will cost a whole lot, but "less shitty" will take you a very long way. If it sounds good, it is good, like a really good sound designer once told me.

A good idea however is that if you can record stuff in the environment that the voice should be played back in, do it ("on location" so to speak...)! That'll give the best end-result. Or if you have time but not the possibility to do this, worldize the sound (using a good flat speaker... Genelec speakers will probably do a good job). And/or use convolution reverb if you want a little more flexibility.

Thumbs up for this animation, it's going in the audio-wiki! ^_^

RicePirate responds:

Absolutely ... however, if you go with location, you better hope that you have access to that location, if (god forbid) you're asked to tweak a line :P

I'm currently making the upgrade from "less shitty" to "good" ... been a much more in-depth journey than I anticipated.

Incident:010A Incident:010A

haha

that was fucking brilliant. nice job, man!

Son, Ya Done Son, Ya Done

AMAZING

I THINK UR AWSUM AND LURV THIS FLASH U GIT 11/10 BUTT I CUD ONLY PUT 10/10 SO U'LL HAV 2 SATISFI W/DAT 1 LURV EVERY1

Pjorg responds:

HAY GLAD U LIEK MY FALSH I WISH I CUD GIV DIS REVEIW SUPER HELPFUL BUT THEIRS ONLY 1 HELPGUL SO IN GUEES THATL WERK

Echo Force Zero: Prologue Echo Force Zero: Prologue

sooo...

...Echo Force Zero?

MOAR LIEK ZERO BAAAHAHAHAHH

nah but good job and stuff, hope there'll be more. it'd be more fun if the old man did something else instead of showing him a spaceship, to get back to him for laughing at him. maek et moar funn!

LewToons responds:

it will be - no worries! theres some goofy characters on the horizon : )

Sucks To Be Weegie! Sucks To Be Weegie!

we've seen...

...tons of VG-spoofs before, especially mario (or luigi) ones.
the jokes weren't that fun, but mainly they failed because the pacing and timing was terrible. sorry, but it really was. animation and art looked OK, and was the only thing that saved this from getting an even lower score.
audio was "as expected", not all too good. but that's how it usually is on flash projects, people just don't realise the importance of audio, so it wasn't really worse than any other flash tbh.

either way, work on your sense of timing. the pace really needs to be sped up, and with it comes that you'll need to rework the actual timing.
i know i'm possibly a little harsh, but it's honest, and if you take to heart what people says in reviews you

but please, do keep trying. once you get timing in your favour, you'll magically get a few more points/flash! :)

Warriors of the Portal Warriors of the Portal

This was just really really awesome, but WHY...

...oh WHYYYYYY, when you spent so much time with this, did you NOT hook up a decent sound designer to make the audio to be up to par with the movie????

WHYYYYY!!!?

Still, holy fuckign shit, this was amazing, man!