King of Sweden 2 King of Sweden 2

i keep crashing

maybe its just me who suck, but meh... first one was wonderful though. i'll give this another shot another day i suppose...

ttursas responds:

Remember to upgrade your car and the game will become easier...

Ban That Fulp! Ban That Fulp!

amazing game

i got 877. tom rhymes with bom.

Manly-Chicken responds:

No! Tom rhymes with BOMB!
(silly Rucklo)

Madness: Premeditation Madness: Premeditation

First time I tried it out...

...I quit after only two levels. But once you get the hang of it, it's really a fun concept.

I guess the big problem, like many seem to have pointed out, is the first threshold of understanding the game. Alot of people are like me, if they don't understand at once they'll give up and move on to something else, which is a real shame.

I think the most important issue could be dealt with by being alot more clear of what to do. F.ex. at the Claudette boss, the side-brains do glow slightly when entering the room, but it's possibly not enough. The glow could be a little more clear, f.ex. have some "glow-shadow" going on - dunno if you know what I mean, but visually make it a little more clear.
Making things more clear could also be advantegous to have sound come along with it, sublte "beeps" when the brain-areas glow would attract the gamers attention.

Claudette is just a simple example, I think that these little things is something that alot of the stages are in need of. Point with the whole hand what to do in some areas, simply.
Another thing that could be implemented is a "hint/lazyass suckah" button. When clicked, some score-penalty could be made, and when you o"premeditate" you would not only move yourself, but you would see everything else (or a few selected things) that moves too, in a shaded visualization. Or perhaps just have a few trainee-levels with the above "real-time shaded" concept going on.

The music gets boring after a while, a simple suggestion would be to fade out and pause the music inbetween each level - or perhaps even let the music, if only one tune, consist of say 4 loops. Once one loop starts, it'll keep playing the "full song", but the entry-point would be different between each stage.

In some games you'll see the "inbetween-levels" have a short loop, some only have some background-noise. In this game I think some distant screams and "futuristic techy noises" would've made a good ambience. Perhaps some distant machine rumble or so too.

More tunes would bring diversity, of course. What happened to the boss-tune btw? :)

In conclusion:
- The game is visually great. The overall gameplay-feeling is good, but it lacks claity of what to do. There could be more work with audio, which could add alot to said clarity, it would ease the first threshold of "what the hell am I supposed to do here" feeling that alot seem to get at first.

Don't be shy to hook me up if you guys want some custom-made music&sfx and feedback from an audio-guy's point of view if there's a next project in the future! :)

BoMToons responds:

I completely forgot about your boss track with the rush to release, I'll add it in when I get some time

Madness Hydraulic Madness Hydraulic

Great use of the Accelerant build!

Awesome to se re-use and upgrade of a game-engine in this manner!

Fun game overall, it just gets kindof messy after a few levels. One way to ease this up could be to make the bullet-trace of Hank red instead of the same colour the enemies bullets get. I find that I sometimes lose trrack of the mouse too, maybe it could be more prominent in the design somehow.

IQTester IQTester

pretty fun

tests are always fun :)

though my english wasn't enough in some questions, which kindof makes the whole thing awry, for me not having eng. as my mouther-tounge at least.
scored 131, i guess im average or something. hooray, average masses here i come.

Make My Next Game Make My Next Game

this is really cool

like mentioned, it's not all that easy to figure out what to do, some kind of lame guide would help... oh i know, like a paperclip at the bottom right, maybe one with eyes and stuff oh that'd be swell! ^___^

nevertheless, cool shit man!

The Room Tribute The Room Tribute

This is as retarded...

...as the movie, and by the gods I LOVE IT!!!

This is just amazing. I'm amazed. Ah ha ha!

Newgrounds HQ Showdown Newgrounds HQ Showdown

pretty fun

imo the controls were a little too slow, and well, it's a little too much of a defend the portal rip-off.
game was way too easy too, but hey, it was done over a weekend, so good job lads! :)

PixEvo - The Fountain PixEvo - The Fountain

awesomeness!

simple, but characteristic, just like a small flashgame should be!

i'm currently having a hard time gettinr the 32:nd pixel, i thin i have to fall on it, but it's hard... i'll make it eventually though.

keep em coming, man!!! :)

M-Bot The Game M-Bot The Game

hell yeah, about time this got done!

i honestly thought you had abandoned this project as I've heard nothing about it since modmeet 2008.

First off, holy shit this game looks fucking AMAZING! the background, everything is just so damn slick...
Even so, it did almost freeze my computer up a bit. I don't have a very new comp, but that's nothing a q-button can't take care off... assuming you'd be willing to let players play with lower qual... thinking of the amazing artwork, i know i'd think twice before adding such a feature :D

The music suits really good, i love the changing of loops as you upgrade, brings a whole new "level" to the game. I only managed to get 3 grades, because i sucked at the game + my comp is slow, so maybe this suggestions is already in game, but something i missed: have some kind of filter added with the combo, just a small touch - it'd go great with the loops in the background changing as one level.

Gameplay was kindof difficult, at least for me with my shitty comp. more than once i managed to click somewhere outside the game-screen, even if i tried to focus on the red arrow and let it guide me. another thing that brought it down slightly was the repetition. when i got to the walls, i thought they'd never end. fact is my comp pretty much froze there, so i didn't even advance beyond that, yet anyways.
I learned that holding down the attack-key wasn't a good idea with a shitty comp, constant clicking apparently is smoother for the gameplay.

The theme is fucking badass, the environment is badass, the music is badass
All in all, fucking amazing job MC, congrats for pushing out a completley badass game!

MindChamber responds:

thanks for the props. sorry about the hiccups. definitely lower your screen resolution and try again, that helped with rumble.

Ill ask frosted to add a Quality button, but I really doubt it would help since nothing here is vector I dont think it would run much faster. but well look in to it.

and great idea about the filter with the combo, definitely will have to try that on the next game..
thanks again.